Translate

Search This Blog

Tuesday 5 April 2016

Dreams, Desires, Discovery, Destiny.. Determination

Dreams.. All of us see them, do not remember a lot of them once awake, remember some of them sometimes, have some dreams which wake us up in the middle of the night, and then, some dreams which just do not let us sleep in peace! If you have a dream or dreams which just do not let you sleep easily, then your dream is your desire. I'm happy for you if you have that, even though you may be upset as you are not able to achieve your dreams, unable to make them a reality yet, but I am still happy if you have dreams like that which are your desires, as not having a dream which you deeply desire is a problem a lot of us face.

What am I really passionate about? What is my true inner calling? What am I meant to be? These are the type of questions which bog so many of us. How to really know what we desire really deep down inside? What is it that we truly want for ourselves? What is it that I as an individual want to accomplish?! Well, I say that is where one needs to take a little break, self explore, and discover what he/she wants to do. As Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam had once said, "Dream is not that which you see while sleeping, it is something that does not let you sleep."

The widely respected man had also said "You have to dream before your dreams come true." - And that is I believe the primary step to discovering your desire. It WILL be a long process. I'm not saying 'could be', as it most certainly, will be a long process. So do not get disheartened by that, it will come to you eventually as you keep trying. For sure, do not leave it on something known as 'Destiny'.

I know a lot of people stating that this was his destiny, or it was destined to happen for her, etc. Now I do not agree with such comments in general, as I strongly believe that our destiny is in our very own hands. We make our destiny. I choose the path I want to walk on. It can be easy to blame the society or other forces, that I did so because of them. But, you CHOSE to follow someone or some other entity.
I fully understand that it is easier said than done, however, it is, in the end your decision to follow a certain path, eventually leading to your 'destiny'.

Think of it like this, you have one life, it is YOUR one life, live it the way you want to (without harming others goes without saying), and thus be determined, take decisive action and choose your own destiny. If you believe God decides your destiny, then play God for your own self - Decide your own destiny and have an awesome legendary life.

After all, that is how heroes are born ;)


Thank you,
Signing Out.
#AtoZChallenge

2 comments:

  1. You know,even in my forties I feel I don't know what I want to do or be...still confused...
    Anyway....Welcome to the blogging world !
    Maya Varde from
    About books and certain other things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is a tough cookie to crack!
      And thanks for the welcome Maya :)

      Delete